Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cafe Columbia, Kalyani Nagar

Café Columbia, Bldg. North Court, Kalyani Nagar, Pune- Restaurant Review
Taste: **** |Abbience: **** |Service: **** |Value For Money: *****|
It is a quaint little place, with a young and peppy feel to it. Bright colors and still calm. Did I mention that, this charming place is very reasonably priced and still serves humungous portions? An average eater will have to carry the leftovers home.
 
I was there with my family for breakfast. The kids took their usual, pancakes with maple syrup, with some extra syrup on the side (Rs.70). Unbelievable right!! We took 3 of those as each serves 2 medium sized fluffy pancakes. More than enough for my kids. I know it was breakfast time, but I am a soup person and could not resist their prawn corn chowder, served in a huge bowl(Rs.115). Sorry, we went for the soup so quick that I couldn't take a picture while the bowl was full.
 


We went for a 1 by 2 as we knew their portion size. Yummmm!!! It was so good that we had to share ours, with the kids too. My main order was a simple BLT (Rs. 100). I doubt that the BLT had bacon, I think it was Ham, but then it made it healthier and still tasty. So I wasn't complaining.
 
My hubby went for his usual, Veggie Cheese omelet. And I was impressed that it was loaded with red and yellow peppers, and cheese. It was a three egg omelet, which is unusual for Indian standards. We go out for breakfast a lot and usually you get a one egg omelet or rarely two. We almost always have to place another order. And, these are all places which charge Rs.120 or Rs.150 for the order. It beats my understanding why they cannot add another Rs.4 worth of egg to it. This is one of the reasons that I avoid going to Peter Pan. Good concept but very stingy people. Most people should be satiated with your serving size, if each person has to place a repeat order, then you change your portion size. Charge the extra 5 bucks.
We eat here often, and there is no matching their portions and tastes. I like their burgers and sandwiches, love the soups and breakfast items. Café Columbia hits all the right notes with me and therefore the ratings. I would recommend it to everybody.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food

Food gives life. Eating the wrong foods, takes it away.